Date(s) - 12/12/2017
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
St. Mary's Church Barnes
Originally developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in the 80’s, this Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme is designed to help you develop skills of being present and noticing your experiences of yourself and of the world around you. Over the course of 8 weekly 2-hour sessions, you will be guided through meditation practices and exercises as well as have the opportunity to share experiences and receive support. Home practice is a part of the course, intended to help you estabish your own regular meditation practice. You will be given recordings and a manual which will help your practice.
The course is highly experiential, structured and supportive, providing the following:
- 8 weekly 90-minute sessions and 1 silent retreat day
- Guided instruction in Mindful meditation practices
- Group discussion and Mindful communication exercises to bring awareness to everyday life
- Individual instruction in gentle stretching and Mindful movement
- Weekly assignments practiced on a daily basis
- Guided meditations downloads and a manual
- Discussions and sharing of experiences
- 30 minutes of daily home practice
- Connecting the practices to everyday life and challenges
During this course, you will become more aware of the unhelpful thought patterns that can trigger and perpetuate stress, anxiety and low moods. With this awareness comes choice and an improved ability to respond with skill to life’s hurdles. The programme can be challenging but also deeply rewarding and life affirming. Naturally, the more you practice you more you will benefit.
To learn more and book your place, click here.