Have you been aching to write the Great Novel you know is within you but are stuck getting started? Don’t feel alone – it’s a common problem.
So common in fact, that we asked Daisy Waugh, author of 8 novels and the expert delivering our upcoming creative writing class, to share the Top Tips for Getting Started with Book Writing which inspired her to begin. Check out the quotations which best inspired Daisy and keep her going!
Still hesitating? Here are five pieces of advice, from five great authors, to get you started:
- “A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word on paper.” E.B. White
- “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” Saul Bellow
- “There’s no such thing as a writer’s block. That was invented by people in California who couldn’t write.” Terry Pratchett
- “The first draft of everything is shit.” Ernest Hemingway
- “The scariest moment is just before you start.” Stephen King
So … the worst bit’s already almost over… it’s time to WRITE THE DAMN BOOK!
Now that you’re fired up to start, don’t let anything hold you back. Book onto Daisy’s class beginning 19th January. We look forward to reading your work!