Date(s) - 25/04/2017
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
St. Mary's Church Barnes
This is an 8-class course comprised of seven 90-minute sessions and one silent half-day retreat taught by local expert Ali Gilling.
You will be guided through meditation practices and exercises as well as have the opportunity to share experiences and receive support. The main aim of the course is to develop skills of being present and noticing your experiences to yourself and the world around you, whilst reducing your stress levels.
Ali Gilling will deliver this MBSR course which is professionally designed to help you become more aware of the unhelpful thought patterns that can trigger and perpetuate stress, anxiety and low moods. With this awareness comes choice and an improved ability to respond skillfully to life’s hurdles. The programme can be challenging but also deeply rewarding and life affirming. You can expect:
- Seven 90 minute sessions and one half-day silent retreat
- Guided instruction in Mindful meditation practices
- Group discussion and Mindful communication exercises to bring awareness to everyday life
- Individual instruction into gentle stretching and Mindful movement
- Weekly assignments practiced on a daily basis
- Guided meditations
- Discussions and sharing of experiences
- Connecting the practices to everyday life and challenges
Course limited to a maximum of 10 students.